My new role is Chief Innovation Officer for the Carlson School of Management / Executive Education / University of Minnesota. The University is looking at its role in supporting the business community and what new offerings are needed to help corporations and start-ups succeed. In my role I will be working in the product development of new offerings.
The key areas of focus will include:
- Leadership: This in main stream business school offerings focused on talent development of emerging leaders through the C-suite and board.
- International Business: As globalization increases, business must develop new strategic and operational capabilities.
- Innovation: This is subdivided into three core areas of exploration and economic development:
- Corporate Innovation Practice: Work with innovation groups in developing core capabilities and sharing of best practices
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Explore and Identify key capabilities and services missing from the regional ecosystem in comparison to other regions, globally, that are thriving. This includes a full spectrum of incubation, financial, big data services and the platforms and networking services needed to support the ecosystem.
- Cluster Innovation: Join federal and regional efforts looking a cluster level co-opition and joint ventures in driving centers of excellence and regional research centers.
The new adventure begins…