State legislatures take proactive steps to spur innovation in their regions. Governors lead the way in signing budgets that support a future vision of their state’s goals and building a foundation of assets for prosperity.
Nebraska: Governor Pete Ricketts
- $2M for a small business investment microloans for small company growth and entrepreneurship.
- The University of Nebraska budget of near $12K research.
- $4M per year for grants up to $500,000 each to small businesses to drive the commercialization of new processes or products.
Arizona: Governor Doug Ducey
- $3M in new investments for high-speed internet to rural schools.
- $200K for state-wide computer programing training.
- $21.5M for the Arizona Commerce Authority
Montana: Steve Bullock
- $375K states matching funds program.
- $200K to the Manufacturing Extension Center
- $200K to Montana State University’s Northern Advanced Biofuel Center.
- $56.1M to the Commissioner of Higher Education R&D agencies.