Elements group attended the Global Minnesota event hosted at the Roseville Library. The focus of the event was to discuss the future of Minnesota and how it could grow to be on the global stage in terms of brand, business and overall attraction. A broad range of diplomatic, government, business and education speakers addressed the group to talk about both the challenges and opportunities facing Minnesota. The event then broke into work group with audience members collaborating to work on a set of exploratory questions and reconvening for a summarization of the learnings.
Some of the key take aways:
- Minnesota has a large opportunity to lead in many industries if it takes the initiative and has clear and inclusive planning.
- We currently do not have a good vision of our future or leadership in place.
- Our education systems are failing and not remaining relevant. Need to look at new models of education and life long learning.
- Building the right environment of learning, industry, and opportunities is key to retaining and attracting the future generations if we want to continue to grow and not stagnate.
- We are already facing huge talent shortages.
- Culture could be our greatest challenge in adapting to the future.
This was the kick-off event for an ongoing exploration by Global Minnesota.
See images at the event in the gallery